ACES by stc
ACES by STC Mission
To create a fun, challenging environment where players get the opportunity to improve towards their potential athletically, mentally, tactically, and technically. We endeavour to help athletes become confident competitors using fun, creative, purposeful practices and games.
ACES by STC Philosophy
To create a lifelong love and passion for the game of Tennis by developing the person, player and performer, by practicing our key values and skills in every session.
Develop athletic skills relevant for Tennis, which will also transfer to other sports.
Sessions are competitive; confidence and competence are developed through game play. The vision is for players to represent STC in team Tennis events, and compete in external LTA competitions.
Players are challenged to excel mentally, physically, tactically and technically.
Players will compete fairly and honestly, acknowledge good play, and behave respectfully towards themselves, their opponents, their team mates, their coaches/hitting partners, and the environment. They will learn and grow from the challenges faced in competition.
ACES by STC Benefits :
- Train at least twice weekly
- Guaranteed 1 focus squad session per week
- Guaranteed 1 athletic development/match play session per week
- Access to “buddy scheme” – extra hitting practice with our junior assistant coaches
- Bespoke goal setting
- Regular player updates and communication from coach to parent
- Regular relevant competition
- ACES STC membership – conditions apply
- Optional private lessons with most experienced STC coaches
ACES by STC Highlights to Date :
- On going player development and enjoyment by playing multiple times a week
- Great friendships on and off the court
- Links between STC and other clubs across the county for friendly team challenge events
- Players competing regularly in LTA competitions
- Semi finalists in LTA grade 5 competition
- Players invited to Yorkshire county training sessions
- The regular awarding of our 4 trophies for consistent excellence (athlete trophy, competitor trophy, coaches award, and team player)
Places in ACES by STC are by invitation.
Please call or message Jonny 07795 516498 to discuss your child’s place in the ACES programme.